Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mawiage

Not much to say tonight. You know, I dreamed of being married from the age of like 14. That's admittedly pretty young to think of such serious things, but what can I say? I've always wanted kids and the whole nine. But on July 13, 2007, it happened for real. It was a strange trip to get to that point, and it continues to be strange. Which I love. I guess I want to say that I am so proud to call Mrs. Jennifer Ann Rhinehart my wife. She is literally a dream come true. All those visions I had when I was younger about what married life would be like, they pale in comparison. She's my best friend, my confidant, my lover, and my biggest fan, and I can't imagine a single day without her. If you're married, tell your husband/wife how much you appreciate them. If you're not, if you haven't found that special someone, trust God. He/she is out there. It may not be the person you thought it would be, but it just might turn out to be someone worlds better than you had imagined.

Disclaimer: The preceding sappiness is not an indicator of future posts. I shall return in all my glory tomorrow.

1 comment:

D.Lake said...

First of all nice "Princess Bride" reference.

Allow me to add my "For what it's worth..." on marriage. I can only echo what you said after thirteen years of marriage.

Hard work - heck yeah, Arguments - we have, Mistakes - a lot on my end, BUT we have learned from each other and grown through difficult times. Makes the non-difficult times much sweeter.

Here is question - Is there someone for everyone? I'd like to think so, but does God call some to be single? I am really glad that is not me.